In a recent mass email blast, Filmmaker DeVon Franklin listed five issues which he believes single people should consider before getting married. Franklin is known for his Box Office hits “Miracles From Heaven” and “Heaven Is for Real.” In 2015 , he and his wife , actress Meagan Good, released a book titled, The Wait: A Powerful Practice for Finding the Love of Your Life and the Life You Love which became best selling book worldwide.
The couple followed the biblical ordinance of intimacy by not having s-x until they are married and their book encouraged others also to do the same. Since then this travelling preacher give advice to other singles to do marriage with right expectations.
1. In his first point of email blast which was titled “Reasons Not to commit” he wrote “Sometimes we’re just not ready for it emotionally.
There’s still some work we need to do on ourselves , some personal heavy lifting that demands over focus and sacrifice for a while longer.”
2. In his second point Franklin explained that timing is a key factor in commitment. He wrote “Reluctance to commit often comes from a deep knowing that it’s just not time. And that person you’re aching for? If that person is who God has let up for you, he or she will be there when you’re ready “
3. “Reason to hesitate is because you realize you’ve chosen a person because he/she was willing to wait,” he continued. “Giving up on s-x for you is wonderful thing, but you can’t have a strong relationship on that alone.”
4. Fourth issue Franklin listed is that “You shouldn’t commit because of pressure. Don’t rush into relationship just because everybody is doing it. The people who force us to get married are the same ones who ask us, ‘Why didn’t our marriage work out?’.
5. Finally Franklin and his wife Meagan warned couples by saying that “You also should never commit because it’s what someone else wants,” he urged. “When you make a decision just to make someone else happy, you will always make a wrong decision”.