One of the most exciting things about award shows is you never know what’s going to happen. While celebrities grace the red carpet in the most glamorous and extravagant outfits, our favorite part of the night is the drama! Between em-assing falls to confrontations and awkw-ard acceptance speeches, we can always count on award shows to be exciting.
Here are over memorable and em-barr-assing award show moments we can’t stop thinking about.
1. Kanye West and Taylor Swift: “Imma Let You Finish” — 2009 MTV Video Music Awards
This will live on as one of the most cringe-worthy award show moments in history. Kanye West jumped on stage and interrupted Taylor Swift while she was giving her acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV VMAs, to tell the audience that Beyoncé should’ve won.
“Imma let you finish, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time!”, West said. Even Queen B looked mortified. Don’t worry—Taylor went on to win hundreds of awards over the years and Kanye later apologized.
2. John Travolta Calls Idina Menzel “Adele Dazeem” — 2014 Academy Awards
We can’t think of anyone that has a voice quite like Idina Menzel’s. The Wicked and Rent star is pretty unforgettable, but that didn’t stop presenter John Travolta from butchering her name before she performed “Let it Go” from Frozen at the 2014 Oscars. Travolta gave her quite the entrance calling her “wickedly talented one and only” before calling her “Adele Dazeem”. A year later she got her rev-enge, welcoming him to the 2015 Academy Awards, calling him “Glom Bazinga”.
3. Michael Jackson Thought He Won an Award that Doesn’t Exist — 2002 MTV Video Music Awards
There’s no doubt that Michael Jackson is one of the most influential artists of the century and when Britney Spears introduced him to wish him a “happy birthday” at the 2002 MTV VMAs, saying she considered him the “artist of the millennium”, he walked on stage and delivered an acceptance speech. “When I was a little boy in Indiana if someone had told me I’d be getting the ‘Artist of the Millennium award,’ I wouldn’t have believed it,” the late King of Pop said. Well, it turns out that there’s no such award.
He had us fooled.
4. During the 2011 Emmys, Jimmy Kimmel tackled Jimmy Fallon to st-eal Fallon’s acceptance speech in case he won that night.
5. At the 2013 Oscars, Jennifer Lawrence tripped going up the stairs to accept her award for Best Actress.
6. Midway through the 2014 Oscars, Ellen Degeneres handed out slices of pizza to some of Hollywood’s biggest stars.
7. John Hamm tried to be funny at the 2015 Emmys by crawling on stage to accept his award.
8. Remi Malek fell off the stage at the 2019 Oscars soon after accepting his award, causing paramedics to rush to his aide.
9. During the 2019 Oscars, Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper had such intense chemistry while performing a song together from their movie, “A Star Is Born,” that their performance sparked romance rumors.
10. Madonna Gets Yanked Downstairs — 2015 BRIT Awards
11. Beyoncé and Sean Paul’s Backtrack Mal-functions—2003 MTV Europe Music Awards
12. Sofia Vergara Stands on a Pedestal — 2014 Emmy Awards
13. Anne Hathaway and James Franco — 2011 Academy Awards
14. Katy Perry Keeps Falling — 2008 MTV Latin America Awards
15. Miguel Falls on a Fan — 2013 Billboard Music Awards
16. Leonardo DiCaprio Made a Face at Lady Gaga — 2016 Golden Globes
17. Nicki Minaj’s Ward-robe Malfu-nction — 2014 MTV Music Video Awards
18. Lady Gaga’s Meat Dress — 2010 MTV Video Music Awards
Brad Wright – I don’t care what anyone says the moment with Jennifer Lopez and Jeremy Renner was hilarious
Kim Ko – I like how madonna dancers tried to act like her fall was planned. Amazing
Ken – One of the most underrated awkw-ard moments is when Christina Aguilera presented a MTV Video Music Award and had to gave it to Eminem, who ha-ted Aguilera.
irina1296 – I really love that moment with Jennifer Lopez and Renner – funny and memorable. I felt sorry for Madonna but that happens to many artists
Daffy’s Looney – It’s quite hilarious seeing many of these “legends” in emba-rr-assing situations… makes one realize they’re human just like anybody else at the end of the day! Lol