Meet identical twins Cipriana Quann and TK Wonder – the girls that make heads turn when they walk the streets. A while ago, the now fashion models hated their luscious hair: “I was beginning to actually hate my hair and seeing it as a huge obstacle,” Cipriana said. But as time passed, they decided to stop straightening it, and start embracing it.
Which eventually led the photo models to be recognized as the queens of natural hair, bringing Instagram envy all around the world.
But the sisters aren’t just pretty faces… Along with their friend Nikisha Brunson, they’re also the girls behind the natural hair blog “Urban Bush Babes.” “I think it came to a point where it was derogatory toward people who wore their natural hairstyles, and there was a certain stigma around people who wore their hair natural or in an afro,” TK Wonder said.
“It was about breaking down stereotypes and derogatory perceptions that people had about natural hair.” Now, whatever the twins do, they do it with ambition, confidence, passion, and, of course, great hair.
1. The twin sisters make heads turn when they walk down the street
2. However, a while ago, the girls hated their hair
3. “I was beginning to actually hate my hair and seeing it as a huge obstacle,” Cipriana said
4. “I didn’t have any creative freedom or creative control”
5. “So I quit modeling and decided to grow my hair natural again”
6. And rather than straightening their hair, the girls started to embrace it
7. And were eventually recognized as the queens of natural hair
8. They’re also the girls behind the natural hair blog “Urban Bush Babes”
9. “I think it came to a point where it was derogatory toward people who wore their hair natural,” TK Wonder said
10. “There was a certain stigma around people who wore their hair natural or in an afro”
11. “It was about breaking down stereotypes and derogatory perceptions that people had about natural hair”
12. Now, whatever Cipriana and TK Wonder do
13. They do it with ambition, confidence, passion
14. And, of course, great hair
This is how people reacted to this post:
Solara Jean – I’m sad to see the comments devolve into petty bickering per usual. These women are not trying to degrade anyone who chooses to treat their hair, only to embrace letting their natural hair do its thing and share with those who choose to also. I’m white with very curly hair and I’ve never straightened it but took a long time to fully embrace it and let it be big and wild. I admire these women. They will help others feel allowed to leave their hair natural.
Lynda Leddington – Ashamed of it why ? Bit of a silly statement! They could take out the platts and it wouldn’t have so much volume but I can’t understand the ‘ ashamed’ may be board pandas statement not the girls ?
Kat Harpster – Give these ladies their proper, grammatically correct, headline: These Twin Sisters Were Ashamed Of Their Incredible Hair, But Now They’ve Become Famous For It
Mindy Lee – Their hair is gorgeous but I wonder if it is heavy at that length. Even with my thin straight hair I can notice a difference in weight when I go from long to short.
Faria Khansa – They are one h-ell of hairy beautiful ladies. Though i love thick locks, but seriously that much of hair ?? I don’t desire those many. High maintenance & i do not know how they are managing. It must be such a task for those ladies.
This Article Was First Published on boredpanda.com